Friday, April 30, 2010

so long april... hello may

It's always sad when "my" month comes to a close -- but I'm happy to be moving into May because it means warmer temps! And I'm especially excited for May because I have lots going on, both personally AND professionally (weddings and a workshop to name a couple)! :)

And I am LOOOVING all the lilacs that are blooming right now. I typically do not love the strong fragrance of flowers - but I DO love lilacs! And I was ecstatic to learn that the bush in our backyard is a lilac bush!! (we just moved into the house in September, so this is the first it's bloomed - SUCH an awesome surprise!)

lilacs
lilacs

And a cute little surprise I found on our door this afternoon from the neighbor girl... a May Day basket filled with paper tulips and candy!! :)
may day

Happy May Day everyone! Have a wonderful weekend!

4 comments:

Mandie April 30, 2010 at 10:06 PM  

I remember making those paper baskets, how cute! And Lilacs are my favorite ever. Your shots of them are gorgeous.

Kinsey May 1, 2010 at 4:53 PM  

What a cute little surprise!

Hannah May 2, 2010 at 11:03 PM  

Awwww!

And I just brought lilacs into the house yesterday. Delightful. =)

Peggy May 5, 2010 at 8:48 AM  

That little basket is wonderful! I remember my Mom telling me that they did that as children-many of those customs come from the "old country."
I always wanted to do one, but the wild flowers weren't open yet in the Northwoods!!!

images by april bodenburg photography llc

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP