Tuesday, April 28, 2009

a bit of free time

Sorry for my lack of blogging - it's been a little slow in the photo world until a couple weeks when I get busy again with family sessions and even weddings!

And if you've been following my Project 365, you're probably aware that it wasn't just Dawn and Luann (from my previous post) that left Mason Companies. The very next day, the universe threw me a major curve-ball when I was 'laid off'. It was definitely a major blow, but everyone has been so supportive and I appreciate all the kind words from all of you. I'm doing my best to embrace this change and see it as an opportunity to change gears and even pursue photography more than before.

So with that - I have taken advantage of my extra free time and some ways to gain a little more exposure.

First, I set up a booth at a 'MOMs Fair'...




My friend Kristen even caught some shots of me chatting with a mom-to-be:



The following weekend I set up a table at a fundraising event for the Chippewa Falls Booster Club...




I'm really excited for a full summer of photo sessions and even quite a few weddings - so be sure to check back often!

Also - this weekend I will be heading to Dallas, TX to attend a workshop with some FABULOUS photographers, including Cheryl Muhr, Patti Schmidt and Amy Smith. I can hardly contain my excitement and will definitely be posting lots of photos when I get back!

3 comments:

Unknown April 30, 2009 at 6:51 AM  

Looks like you had an awesome time at the moms fair, all set up like a pro! Can't wait to see your pics from the workshop, have fun while your there!

Tiffany April 30, 2009 at 9:44 AM  

Good for you for getting out there and WORKING it. :) The display looks great!

Have an awesome time in Texas! Can't wait to see the pictures

Unknown May 6, 2009 at 3:06 AM  

hi! i'm the other "shuttle sharer" that rode with you back to the airport. just wanted to stop by and say hello! gorgeous photography april! can't wait to see the pictures you took at the workshop!

images by april bodenburg photography llc

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP