Sunday, January 31, 2010

develop on fridays :: week 1

Although still relatively new to the photography business, I have met an incredible number of fellow photographers from around the globe. Through workshops, emails, online forums and groups I've gained many new friends and acquaintances. Some I've met face-to-face, some are "e-friends" :) but all of them have influenced me in some way.

With all these new acquaintances and friends I've found myself with one very LONG list of blogs that I try to keep up with via my trusty Google Reader. On Friday, I noticed the lovely Gina Maxine had a new blog-post...and I was intrigued. It was about a new 'study group' put on by the ever-so-fabulous Jefra Starr Linn .

Since my recent photography project (Project 365) recently came to an end - I've been trying to decide what kind of project to start next.

The timing was perfect.

In a nutshell, Develop on Fridays is a creative photography "study group" led by Jefra. Each Friday we are given a new lesson + assignment and dig into ways we can develop our voices, photographically speaking.

The first assignment, naturally, was about finding our voice.

Your “voice” is how you uniquely express the way you see things. It is uniquely you expressed through your work. It’s what you have to offer the world. It’s how you see the world. It’s something that changes and evolves and intensifies/mellows and matures over time. It’s something you work on and feed. It’s how you serve the world around you. --Jefra Starr Linn


We were asked to take no less than 75 photos of the same object and then select our favorite one and four runners up. Ok... I chose five runners up. :)

This was my favorite:
Week 1 - Voice


...and the other five
Week 1 - Voice
Week 1 - Voice
Week 1 - Voice

Week 1 - Voice
Week 1 - Voice


Which are your favorites? I may have to select a couple of these for prints to hang on my poor, bare walls -- would love suggestions! :)

7 comments:

Unknown January 31, 2010 at 2:19 PM  

I really dig the very last one! Love the colors, I would print them and hang them too!

Jaque January 31, 2010 at 5:10 PM  

The soft colours are awesome!
Love the first of the other five pictures!

Rachel Clare January 31, 2010 at 10:15 PM  

Oh, I so want to join this group! Love these shots of the jar! You're fantastic!

gina February 1, 2010 at 12:38 AM  

love them all. my favorite is the last one... so glad you joined out group!!

Heather February 1, 2010 at 1:27 PM  

Cool project!

Sarah Lynn February 2, 2010 at 12:01 PM  

Sounds like a really fun group! My vote is for the last one too.

Hannah February 21, 2010 at 12:37 PM  

Last one last one last one!!!

images by april bodenburg photography llc

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP