Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Take me on a trip..."

"...I'd like to go some day....let's go to Chicago, SAN FRANCISCO BAY!" So there is this somewhat annoying new song on the radio (okay...I actually kind of like it) called "American Boy" by someone named Estelle..? I think? ANYWAY - this was basically the theme song of our honeymoon last week. ONLY because it was playing EVERYWHERE we went! Boyd absolutely hates it - which made it even more fun! hahahaha! *evil laugh*

So bright and early Monday morning after the wedding, Boyd and I headed out for our honeymoon to Napa Valley/Sonoma Valley/San Francisco. It was a great escape from reality - but it was nice to come home too. :)

Before we even got to wine country, we made a stop at the Jelly Belly Factory! We are such kids!
Even the pizza is shaped like a Jelly Bean!
Jelly Belly Factory
Napa was a good way to start the honeymoon. Nice and low key - beautiful countryside - very few tourists - and all that wine!
Napa ValleyNapa ValleyNapa Valley
Napa Valley
Napa Valley

The next day we went a little further west into wine country to Sonoma Valley, before making our way down to San Francisco. Cline Cellars even gave us a free mini-bottle of wine when we told them we were on our honeymoon! Yay!
Sonoma Valley
Sonoma Valley
Sonoma Valley

Then it was to San Francisco!...
San Francisco
(we had to pay a $6 toll to cross the darn bridge!!)
San Francisco
San Francisco

China Town
San Francisco - China Town
San Francisco - China Town

Alcatraz
AlcatrazAlcatrazAlcatraz
Alcatraz

Then my favorite part of the whole trip - Muir Woods
Muir Woods
Muir Woods
Muir Woods
Muir Woods

What a great week! The perfect follow up to a perfect wedding day! It still seems unreal to think we are finally MARRIED!
Oh...and as always - there are a TON more photos on my Flickr page!

2 comments:

Tyne October 16, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

I like the pictures! Plus - I LOVE "American Boy" by Estelle. It's my ring tone, and I let it go to the last possible moment so I can listen to the song!

Unknown October 20, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

Your honeymoon looks as amazing as your wedding! I was married at a winery so I have a soft spot for the vineyards! Beautiful pics and it looks like you guys had a great time!

images by april bodenburg photography llc

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP