Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Courtney + Mike | Part Two

A while back I promised more photos of these two little love birds... and here I am finally delivering on that promise. I could STILL post more photos (and probably will at some point) - we shot at many locations throughout Madison and I have many favorites :)

After walking down State Street, we shot in and around the Madison Museum of Contemporary Art (MMoCA). I was in LOVE with the glass staircase and the light pouring in!!

Courtney + Mike | Engaged

And here we are at the top...
Courtney + Mike | Engaged
Courtney + Mike | Engaged

Love this...

Courtney + Mike | Engaged

Courtney + Mike | Engaged
Courtney + Mike | Engaged

So... I had actually rented a lens to use for this session, but it didn't arrive when it was supposed to (darn FedEx). BUT, it did arrive the next morning after our session - so we decided to have another little mini-session... in the rain. And I'm so glad we did :)

Day two took place at the Olbrich Botanical Gardens. Beautiful colors and despite the rain the light was perfect too. Not to mention I've always wanted to do a fun session with a couple and an umbrella in the rain. I didn't stay as dry, but I didn't mind ;)

Courtney + Mike | Engaged
Courtney + Mike | Engaged

Courtney + Mike | Engaged
Courtney + Mike | Engaged
Courtney + Mike | Engaged

Courtney + Mike | Engaged

I'm not a big user of textures on photos, but thought this was sort of fun..
Courtney + Mike | Engaged
Courtney + Mike | Engaged

Court and Mike, I had such a great time with you guys - such naturals in front of the camera you are :) Can not WAIT until your wedding in August!!

12 comments:

Unknown December 29, 2009 at 10:55 PM  

April, these are all such GORGEOUS images!! I can't even pick a favorite! I especially love the ones in and around the museum! Can't wait to see their wedding images!

gina December 29, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

what beautiful photos, and such a variety!! awesome job, april!!

Patti December 30, 2009 at 9:55 AM  

Absolutely beautiful work!

Nichole December 30, 2009 at 4:53 PM  

Beautiful shots! LOVE the sun flair!

Rachel Clare December 31, 2009 at 6:54 PM  

These are STUNNING. I'm dying over the fact that I didn't think to ask you to photograph my family while you were in CA!!

sneprud January 1, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

I. Am. In. Love.

.....nothing more to say. WOW!

Misty Jones Photography January 2, 2010 at 12:40 PM  

I can't even pick a favorite! They are all amazing!

Laura January 2, 2010 at 1:48 PM  

love your work, fun, creative and gorgeous.

tara k January 2, 2010 at 5:38 PM  

these are unbelievably stunning, april. seriously knock my socks right OFF! a little embarrassed that you got these shots in MY town. i need to get to work on locations, i guess! ;) truly SO inspiring.

jen January 3, 2010 at 12:38 AM  

Love love love April! Such fantastic work. Well done!

laura January 30, 2010 at 10:37 AM  

love all of these, you are a wonderfully talented photographer april! thanks for the inspiration.

Shawn February 1, 2010 at 1:31 PM  

Love the staircase shot!

images by april bodenburg photography llc

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP